Add row

For all things Mellel

Moderators: redlers, Eyal Redler, Ori Redler

raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

Add row

Post by raymond » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:38 pm

In the Table palette there is a gear icon. When pressing on it, a menu opened, and one can have the possibility to add a row.
In former versions of Mellel 'add a row' command starts with one row and then second click added two rows and then 4 rows.
I wish this possibility will be added as well.

I had to add 20 rows to and existing table, so I had to repeat this action twenty times. So if there is a way to do it now, it is well, but it would be good to have this option as well.

jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Add row

Post by jannuss » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:01 pm

Raymond, I also posted a query about this problem.

Adding just one row at a time really slows me down.

The only option that does work is adding multiple rows at the end of a table which is no solution for large tables.

Janet

elo
New to all this

Post by elo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Adding rows to a table has indeed become a user interface catastrophe in my opinion. Who thought that making users go through several steps to add a row and repeat it every single time was good user interface design? Given the widespread use of tables in documents, there should a least then be a menu for tables. Users should not have to go through four steps (open palette, click on tables, click on gear, click on add a row), or at least two to simply add a row to a table. Unless I am mistaken, since there is no menu for tables, you can't even add a shortcut for this.

Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Note that you can right-click a table to access all the table commands in a context menu.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Developer at Mellel AAR LTD
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex