Tables and Tutorial by Robin Taylor

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Tables and Tutorial by Robin Taylor

Post by laup »

Thanks much to Robin Taylor; I've been using tables for some time, but finally read the tutorials. They're very well done, and they helped.javascript:emoticon(':(')

Some minor suggestions for Redlers:

1. The "add a row" command should arguably add a row above or below the row selected, rather than always at the bottom of the table. I now know that I can accomplish this with the horizontal split, but I'm referring here only to intuitiveness. THis change would not affect generality.

2. The icon for the merge-cells command has an X. Yes, merge is related to a deletion, but only of lines. I would suggest that the X be replaced by a two-headed vertical arrow across the rows iin the icon.

3. I agree with the tutorial that it would be good to be able to center the whole table more easily, and to scale all columns simultaneously.

4. The default format when a new row or column is added should be that of what's already there.

The major suggestion, which has been mentioned previously, is the need for sorting. That's a big deal.

Beyond that, it would be nice to be able to set individual heights and widths exactly with a dialog box.[/u]
Paul