Importing rtf

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Adobe--fontless in Seattle . . .

Post by macsailor »

este.el.paz wrote:Mel watchers:

As per mr Martin's suggestion I tried to find the Adobe versions of Courier in my Reader version 7.05 that I use on regular basis. First I looked in the App Support folder that he listed above--and no go--no Fonts to be found. Then I "spotlighted" terms "adobe fonts" and got the ROMAN.TXT files and a few others that were in the APP Support folder but nothing that could be seen as the real deal . . . . Then I spotlighted the adobe reader folder with "fonts," but the font hand was still hidden behind the many veils of Adobe-dom. For those with little or no Font management skills or education such as my self I include the info on how I found the lost Fonts in Seattle below:
If you did not find the right version of the font you searched, please have a look at /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/PDFL/7.0/Fonts/ and you will hopefully find the right Courier font family.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
este.el.paz

Thanks, but no such pathway in my version

Post by este.el.paz »

MacSailor:

OK. Thanks for the thought; as I said above I did find a Cr Standard Font in a different folder than stated by mr Martin. I did re-check your suggestion and found no such path in my version of Reader--there is no folder PDFl/7.0/Fonts in Adobe folder that I could see--version 7.05. Woulldn't mind finding a reg Courier font with oblique like is in TextEdit. But Cr Standard as I found it does work in Mellel.

eep
macsailor

Re: Thanks, but no such pathway in my version

Post by macsailor »

este.el.paz wrote:MacSailor:

OK. Thanks for the thought; as I said above I did find a Cr Standard Font in a different folder than stated by mr Martin.
Hehe, I was to fast writing my text and to slow to read your text. Sorry. :oops:
este.el.paz wrote: I did re-check your suggestion and found no such path in my version of Reader--there is no folder PDFl/7.0/Fonts in Adobe folder that I could see--version 7.05. Woulldn't mind finding a reg Courier font with oblique like is in TextEdit. But Cr Standard as I found it does work in Mellel.

I believe that the names of the folders within the Adobe folder may be different. Why? I do not know, but the content should be the same.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.