How to reset formatting of autotitles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

aechallu
Knows everything, can prove it

How to reset formatting of autotitles

Post by aechallu »

I don't know what I did, but some of my autotitles acquired a different formatting. It seems that this happened after I merged fragments from several documents into my whole manuscript file. The result is that autotitles of the same level have different character styles/variations.

I was wondering if there's any way to automatically reset all autotitle formatting (or even on a one-by-one basis) to the flow's default. I couldn't find in the manual or in previous forum postings if there's a way to reset the autotitle formatting to the default style I chose in the Insert->Auto-title->Edit Flows dialog.

Thanks,
Amilcar
donb

Post by donb »

Yes. In the Edit auto-titles window, choose each of the auto-titles in turn and in the paragraph and character areas choose the specific style you want for the auto-title. After you have done this, click on the Save Setup button and type in a new name. Perhaps call it Default, and when Mellel asks whether you want to replace the Default auto-titles style with this one, say OK.

Normally, all auto-titles with the same name automatically reformat when you close the Edit auto-titles window.

Don Broadribb.
aechallu

Post by aechallu »

Thanks for the thought, Don. While it's a perfectly logical solution, this didn't solve it.

The paragraph style is reset after re-saving the autotitle flows; but the character style info is not automatically updated if the character style is not the autotitle default.
donb

Post by donb »

To change the character font used in an autotitle, in the Edit autotitle window after you change the Paragraph format you must select the item a second time, doing this ungreys the "character format" button to the right of the "paragraph format" button. You can then choose the font and variation you wish.

I cover this quite thoroughly in my Beginner's Tutorial. You might find it handy to download it from the Redlers site...

Donald Broadribb