‘Wobbly’ Scrolling

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

SteveH
Read the guide!

‘Wobbly’ Scrolling

Post by SteveH »

I have a Mellel document where the document within the application windows oscillates slightly from side-to-side as I scroll through the document. The slightly disconcerting thing is that the ruler within the frame of the Mellel window does the same thing. I’ve had this for a number of Mellel releases now but having upgraded to the latest version tonight thought I should at least try to see what is going on!

New document and other documents don’t exhibit this behaviour and I initially thought it may had something to do with layout differences between right and left pages. I don’t think this explains why it ‘wobbles’ with only a single page in view though. I also get the same thing with the document cut down to a single page.

The document in question is basically a table with text in the left-hand column and images in the right-hand column - basically a hack to break the images out from being in-line with the text.

Any thoughts?
Fire Angel
Read the guide!

Re: ‘Wobbly’ Scrolling

Post by Fire Angel »

SteveH wrote:I have a Mellel document where the document within the application windows oscillates slightly from side-to-side as I scroll through the document. The slightly disconcerting thing is that the ruler within the frame of the Mellel window does the same thing. I’ve had this for a number of Mellel releases now but having upgraded to the latest version tonight thought I should at least try to see what is going on!

New document and other documents don’t exhibit this behaviour and I initially thought it may had something to do with layout differences between right and left pages. I don’t think this explains why it ‘wobbles’ with only a single page in view though. I also get the same thing with the document cut down to a single page.

The document in question is basically a table with text in the left-hand column and images in the right-hand column - basically a hack to break the images out from being in-line with the text.

Any thoughts?
I'd email the team here at Redlex; if your document isn't confidential they may like to have it in a .zip file emailed to them so they can investigate. They seem very responsive to users so don't think you'll be dismissed. I haven't had need to email them for a long time, but on the two occasions when I did the responses were quick and helpful.
Old Chinese proverb:

The man who does not make mistakes
usually does not make anything.
SteveH
Read the guide!

Post by SteveH »

I'd email the team here at Redlex
I think I will. I don't like to do so without trying other avenues first. I would be good to see what is causing this problem though.