post-scan question

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

gguthrie
Got the auto-title mojo working

post-scan question

Post by gguthrie »

Greetings,

I am new to both Mellel and Bookends. My question concerns what happens after I scan in Mellel. Instead of returning to that point in the document at which I initiated the scan, I am taken to the end of the document. If one is wanting to scan every few pages, this gets frustrating. Is it possible to tell Mellel or Bookends to put the cursor back where it was when the scan was initiated? Thanks.

gguthrie
Hans-Reinhard Koch
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Hans-Reinhard Koch »

I agree and I had meant to post this myself: It would be nicer if the curser would return to where ir was before the scan, so that one can see the result of the scan and continue working in the manuscript where one was before.
Hans-Reinhard
Hans-Reinhard Koch, Bonn, Germany
nicka

Post by nicka »

I agree too. It's very irritating.

For the moment, there are a few workarounds. One is to choose a particular marker colour that you don't use for anything else and apply it at the place where you are working before the scan. Then Apple-double-click the marker in the palette after the scan and you are back to where you were.

This is also a kind of workaround for the lack of a genuinely useful feature for long documents Word has where you can cycle the cursor position through your last few edits. To get similar functionality in Mellel, mark each place that you are working on with the chosen marker. Then Apple-double-clicking cycles through those locations. It's useful if you are working on the introduction and something in the middle of chapter 2, alternating as the mood takes you.
gguthrie
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by gguthrie »

Thanks, Nicka. Your workaround is helpful. Thus far it seems to me the power of Mellel makes the irritation worth it. Perhaps the company will have true CWYW in the future. Until then, I will use the auto titles and markers.

gguthrie
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

I've also found this annoying. I got the impression that the purpose was to take you to the newly-generated bibliography, but now that we can move the bibliography section wherever we want we're left with an incomprehensible jump to the end of the document, requiring clunky work-arounds to get back to wherever we were. Not very pretty, and I hope the Redlers fix it for next release.