RTF import

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

dpmeyer
New to all this

RTF import

Post by dpmeyer »

I have RTF files from several other processors that import into Mellel with only squares representing characters. Is there an adjustment needed to Mellel? Thanks.
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by jannuss »

Could this be a fonts issue?

What language(s) is the report in?

Have you tried importing the file into another app? NeoOffice? Pages? TextEdit?

Janet
suavito
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by suavito »

I got problems too when importing rtfs from the Palm OS word processor WordSmith – the text lines in Mellel are just black bars.

I'm not easily scared and my first guess was right: The "bars" were black characters on black background.

This can be fixed easily but it is annoying because I write almost everything on the Palm (actually an Alphasmart Dana – http://www.alphasmart.com/products/dana-w_In.html – which has an excellent full size keyboard) with WordSmith. Which means I have to change manually the character background of every text I write.

If I had to guess which program's fault this is I'd definitely go for WordSmith because it's pretty old and less complex as PC word processors so maybe they just forgot to set the value for the background color.

But then again, this only happens with Mellel. No black background in Word, OpenOffice/NeoOffice, TextEdit, Scrivener, Nisus etc.