find and replace groups: bug?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kerovpyan
Got the styles thing figured out

find and replace groups: bug?

Post by kerovpyan »

Dear Redlers, I already sent this question to the group but I cannot find it on the forum, so I am resending it.
In the version 2.2.7 (in French), the right window of grouping find and replace actions (shift+Command+F) shows only the first letters of the action names continued with dots, whereas in the older versions I could see the complete name. This obliges me to double-clic each incorporated action to see what it is (in Command+F window), whixh is a problem for large action groups. Is this a bug? Can this be corrected?
Best regards.
AramKerovpyan
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

I emailed Ori about the non-expandability of the FindSet window and the load and save dialogues for Find Actions quite some time ago, also the weird truncation in the right pane of the FindSet dialogue. I take it that these issues are logged as user interface bugs, or at least as bits of bad behaviour. I haven't noticed it as worse in 2.2.7.

For the moment, the workaround is to give Find Actions very short names, like old Windows files.
kerovpyan
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: find and replace groups: bug?

Post by kerovpyan »

kerovpyan wrote:In the version 2.2.7 (in French), the right window of grouping find and replace actions (shift+Command+F) shows only the first letters of the action names continued with dots, whereas in the older versions I could see the complete name. This obliges me to double-clic each incorporated action to see what it is (in Command+F window), whixh is a problem for large action groups. Is this a bug? Can this be corrected?
Still the same problem in 2.6.1 and no news. Strange!
Aram Kerovpyan