Note-numbers alignment

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DylanMuir
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Note-numbers alignment

Post by DylanMuir »

Why not send a suggestion to beta@redlers.com? It seems like a trivial change, and they might include it in the next update.

DRM
nicka

Post by nicka »

And it would be worth suggesting for lists as well as for note numbering.

An even better fix, in my opinion, would be to allow things like numbers and punctuation to hang left outside of the usual text area (in the case of left to right text).
J A Miller
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by J A Miller »

I would like to add my voice to this. There is a real need to be able to right align the decimal points in footnotes/endnotes. Also, it should be possible to separate endnotes by chapter, i.e., choose the location for endnotes within a page range or to be able to divide up endnotes at the end of the document. If this doesn't change, I will be doing my doctoral work on another program. Let's hope my current thesis advisor is not going to give me a hard time about this lack of capability.
laup

Post by laup »

I am in awe of the clever suggestions. However, there is one low-tech possibility: communicate with the publisher and see whether you can get dispensation. Not everyone in the world is a pedantic idiot, insisting on rigid adherence to troublesome standards for no good purpose. It may be a long shot, but...
Paul