Still waiting for text wrap around on images

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

BreakNeckRidge
Read the guide!

Still waiting for text wrap around on images

Post by BreakNeckRidge »

Mellel is generally a great program. I'm a registered user and I use it as my main word processor. However, until it gets text wrap around of images I'm still forced to sometimes export my document to another word processor just to get the text wrap around.

When I bought mellel I was told this was on the way, but that was a couple of years ago. The authors have made a great program, and I appreciate it, which is why I paid them, but I think I've been patient - it's time for them to deliver on this key feature that was promised to us.

(Unless this feature has already been added somewhere and I missed it in the release notes)
Phil82
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Phil82 »

Nope, it's not here yet. It comes when it comes, I guess. I too am eagerly awaiting the new version.
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

As I'm sure you already know, there is an annoying, but do-able workaround using tables.

Janet
sloosley
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: Still waiting for text wrap around on images

Post by sloosley »

Any hints at when wrap is coming? I, for one, need it!!
joolsyp
New to all this

Post by joolsyp »

Another vote for text-wrap-around images. My MSc. dissertation will include some images and I don't want to rely on a workaround. This is where programs like Pages excel but I want to be able to use Mellel rather than Word/Pages.
palazzo
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by palazzo »

Even then, if Mellel at least did a decent job of exporting a word document or even directly to Pages... Right now if I try to export a document with footnotes to word or rtf, Pages won't read the footnotes... Whereas a word or rtf exported from OpenOffice reads perfectly into Pages, footnotes and all.
--
MacBookPro
Intel Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
OS 10.5.7
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

palazzo wrote:Even then, if Mellel at least did a decent job of exporting a word document or even directly to Pages... Right now if I try to export a document with footnotes to word or rtf, Pages won't read the footnotes... Whereas a word or rtf exported from OpenOffice reads perfectly into Pages, footnotes and all.
If you export the Mellel document as a rtf file, and then first open it in OpenOffice and then save it again as rtf, Pages will be able to open up the document and all the footnotes are retained. I know, it's not good to have to use another application to be able to get the file to be readable in a third application. Maybe something for the Redlers to have a look at? (I'll send them an e-mail regarding this).
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
palazzo
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by palazzo »

macsailor wrote:If you export the Mellel document as a rtf file, and then first open it in OpenOffice and then save it again as rtf, Pages will be able to open up the document and all the footnotes are retained.
You're right, it's as ugly a workaround as it gets, but at least it works... Would be good to have a Pages export and retain styles, though.
--
MacBookPro
Intel Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
OS 10.5.7