Drag & Drop in Style Sets not working [Leopard issue?]

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Karyn
Got the styles thing figured out

Drag & Drop in Style Sets not working [Leopard issue?]

Post by Karyn »

I'm running Mellel 2.2.7.1 and Leopard.

I am having trouble copying (via drag and drop) Character and Paragraph styles in the Style Sets menu. I can add a new Style Set, but cannot add anything to the set. Everything is unlocked. I haven't had this problem before. My colleague is using the same version of Mellel under Tiger and is not having the same problem. I don't want to assume the issue is with Leopard, but I can't think of anything else. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karyn
Benja
Read the guide!

Post by Benja »

Same issue here, although I can add styles to new style sets. Not being able to drag my styles is a hassle. There's a ton of them and new ones have to stay at the bottom.

Any help, guys?
Benja
Read the guide!

Post by Benja »

Also not able to drag styles from on style set to another.

Please fix this.
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by macsailor »

Agree, please provide a fix for this annoying behaviour.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

macsailor wrote:Agree, please provide a fix for this annoying behaviour.
If you’ve found a bug, you should report it directly to the Redlers and shouldn’t expect that they read every single post in this forum:

support (at) redlers.com
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Mart°n wrote:
macsailor wrote:Agree, please provide a fix for this annoying behaviour.
If you’ve found a bug, you should report it directly to the Redlers and shouldn’t expect that they read every single post in this forum:

support (at) redlers.com
To clarify, I mean the bug is annoying, not the Redlers.

I presume that some of the earlier contributers in this thread, already has contacted th Redlers about this bug.
Peter Edwardsson
Benja
Read the guide!

Re: Drag & Drop in Style Sets not working [Leopard issue?]

Post by Benja »

To be fair, the forum is the first place they direct you when you go looking for support:
If you need support using Mellel, or have questions about working with features (or features not working), try to write to our Forum...
But I have emailed them anyway.
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

The forum is a good source for support but if a discussion about a non working feature leads to a found bug, this bug should be reported to the Redlers to be sure that they got notice of it. Writing a post that this bug is annoying (even if it’s true :wink: ) doesn’t ensure that the Redlers know the bug and therefore could provide a bugfix. Even if they read a lot posts here, there’s no guarantee that they read the “that’s a bug” post and they hardly could fix a but they don’t know of.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Mart°n wrote:The forum is a good source for support but if a discussion about a non working feature leads to a found bug, this bug should be reported to the Redlers to be sure that they got notice of it. Writing a post that this bug is annoying (even if it’s true :wink: ) doesn’t ensure that the Redlers know the bug and therefore could provide a bugfix. Even if they read a lot posts here, there’s no guarantee that they read the “that’s a bug” post and they hardly could fix a but they don’t know of.

I agree, bugs should be reported to the Redlers. The best way to do this when a bug is suspected, is to report it directly to the Redlers. But at the same time I do not think it's all wrong to discuss it further in the forum.

Lets go on now, since I believe we all got the message by now.
Peter Edwardsson
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

And why shouldn't we expect that the Redlers read every single post in this forum? Are they really that numerous (the posts, I mean, not the Redlers)? Are they really so annoying or off-topic?
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

Timotheus wrote:And why shouldn't we expect that the Redlers read every single post in this forum?
Reading costs time and coding new features costs time. Maybe they decide to favor one over the other time consuming task maybe they don’t. I think it’s important to fix known bugs and to ensure that the Redler’s know about a bug is to report it to them directly so it hardly couldn’t get lost between the lines of some posts.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

Mart°n wrote:
Timotheus wrote:And why shouldn't we expect that the Redlers read every single post in this forum?
Reading costs time and coding new features costs time. Maybe they decide to favor one over the other time consuming task maybe they don’t. I think it’s important to fix known bugs and to ensure that the Redler’s know about a bug is to report it to them directly so it hardly couldn’t get lost between the lines of some posts.
I think I prefer to have them to working on fixing bugs and doing some hard work at the Mellel Factory or Redlex Building Plant, but at the same time I believe it's wise not to forget to have a look once in a while at what is happening at the forum. The one does not exclude the other.
Peter Edwardsson
chering
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: cannot drag style sets

Post by chering »

[quote"]Same issue here, although I can add styles to new style sets. Not being able to drag my styles is a hassle. There's a ton of them and new ones have to stay at the bottom.

Any help, guys?[/quote]

Same issue for me - weeks after the first postes in the forum. Would be nice to get some answer if this is due to a bug in Mellel or Leopard and when it might be fixed or if there is a simple remedy. Cross references are important and I love Mellel but if a well established procedure does not work anymore - which by the way I use regularly - it might be good to divert some time to fixing a "minor" bug and make sure that what was working well continues to work well. But: I might have missed out on how to fix the problem. Grateful for any hint or help.
Benja
Read the guide!

Post by Benja »

It's such a pain, I just stopped using Mellel for a while.

Please fix this, guys.
matthias

Post by matthias »

I am not yet on Leopard, but plan to buy a new Macbook next month, which is shipping with Leopard. However, I had to learn that Mellel is not yet fully Leopard ready: There is no Leopard Spotlight plugin, no QuickSearck plugin, and now Mellel seems to have lost its function to move styles by drag and drop.

I want to make clear that I think none of these issues is a big problem in itself. But I do think that the Redlers should react somehow to all these issues. This does not concern future features which the Redlers promised to deliver sooner or later. It is about features that worked and do not anymore under Leopard (apart from QuickLook, which was not available before Leopard). I don't see why the developers of Mellel do not comment on these problems.

So please Redlers, when will bugs be fixed?