system requirements and licensing

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

rebecca
New to all this

system requirements and licensing

Post by rebecca »

Hi!

Will Mellel run on an Ibook G3, 800mhz, 640mb?

Also, does the license I own for Mellel (1 user) allow me install Mellel on both my Imac and the Ibook?

Thanks,

Rebecca
dstay
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: system requirements and licensing

Post by dstay »

I have used Mellel on a 500MHz G3 iBook with 640MB Ram, so you should be fine. As for the licensing, no clue... sorry.
matthias
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by matthias »

rebecca wrote:Hi!

Also, does the license I own for Mellel (1 user) allow me install Mellel on both my Imac and the Ibook?

Thanks,

Rebecca
It will run, but be aware that Mellel may slow down depending on length and complexity of your documents (i.e. many auto titles, styles, OpenType features etc.). Some users including myself (iBook G4, 1 GHz, 1,25 GB) have experienced various slow downs under such conditions. But others have not, even in very long documents. On Intel machines Mellel seems to operate very snappy.

As to the licensing question I don't know, but would also be interested in the answer…
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

From the user licence (from drop-down menu Help>License Agreeement within Mellel):
USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mellel may be installed on any number of computers, but those copies may not be used concurrently, just like a book. The term “just like a book” means that Mellel can be used by any number of people and may be freely moved or copied from one computer location to another, so long as there is no possibility of it being used at one location while another copy is being used at the same time in another location. Just as the same copy of a book cannot be read by two different people in two different places at the same time, neither can the same copy of Mellel be used by two different people in two different places at the same time. For example, you may install a copy of Mellel on your desktop computer and on your portable computer and use either of those, not concurrently.
So you can install it on both your desktop and laptop (and other computers too, if you like) as long as only one copy of the application is running at any time.
Sheamus
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Sheamus »

Greetings from Canada! VERY cool policy and makes a lot of sense!!
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Post by Ori Redler »

rebecca wrote:Hi!

Thanks,

Rebecca
As nicka points, Mellel's license agreement clearly states that you can, definitely, and without hesitation, install and use Mellel on both machines.

BTW, we did try to make the license humanly readable and clear, especially on this point, but no one reads those things, of course (we don't either).
Ori Redler from RedleX