insert page break

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

insert page break

Post by DanZac »

Can someone tell me what the shortcut keystroke is for inserting a page break. The insert menu tells you the keystroke, but I've never seen that symbol before, and the user guide is no help for this question.
nicka

Re: insert page break

Post by nicka »

That's the symbol for the shift key followed by the symbol for the 'enter' key. The enter key is distinct from the return key. On my PowerBook, for example, there's an enter key immediately to the right of the spacebar.

Curiously that one doesn't work in the shortcut for me (shift+enter just produces a paragraph break, which is what enter does on its own). However, fn + return also produces enter, and for me shift+fn+return does produce a page break. Strange...
matthias

Post by matthias »

Works as it should here on an iBook G4 with a Mac keyboard (the white one that was the current model until it was replaced by the new aluminium one recently) attached to it.
Matthias
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

nicka wrote:That's the symbol for the shift key followed by the symbol for the 'enter' key. The enter key is distinct from the return key. On my PowerBook, for example, there's an enter key immediately to the right of the spacebar.

Curiously that one doesn't work in the shortcut for me (shift+enter just produces a paragraph break, which is what enter does on its own). However, fn + return also produces enter, and for me shift+fn+return does produce a page break. Strange...

I've got the same result on my MBP with Swedish system and keyboard.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

nicka wrote:Curiously that one doesn't work in the shortcut for me (shift+enter just produces a paragraph break, which is what enter does on its own). However, fn + return also produces enter, and for me shift+fn+return does produce a page break. Strange...
Very fine, I didn't know that and was a bit angry from time to time that I can't insert page breaks with my iBook G4 via keyboard. But now I can, great!

A bit strange though is, that shift-command-enter for inserting a format-page-break works as it is expected to. Can anyone say why this is so?
Reiner
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

ahh, thanks very much. I never think of return and enter as being different.
thegreatswalmi
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by thegreatswalmi »

having trouble getting used to the shift-fn-return on my imac...used to be just shift enter on my ibook (external microsoft keyboard)...anyone know how to change it back? It looks as though mellel doesn't like the enter key on the keyboard...prefers the function-return...hmmm