Mellel nag screen is really obnoxious

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

RickTaylor
New to all this

Mellel nag screen is really obnoxious

Post by RickTaylor »

I'd read good things about Mellel and wanted to try it out. It has a reputation for being stable, high quality, and lean, all things I value in software. I was disappointed that the demo version had couldn't actually print usable documents, as it meant I couldn't try it on a serious project I was actually working on (well I could but I'd end up doing the same project twice). Of course Reddit has a legitimate interest in making sure people don't end up pirating their software, but as someone who does pay for software I end up using, it makes it more difficult to evaluate. Nonetheless, I understand your position, and at least I was able to poke at the software to experiment using it with Latexit.

But then, when I was working in another program, not even in Mellel, Mellel flashed a nag screen in my face? That's just obnoxious. A program should never grab the focus breaking your work flow unless it has a very good reason to; having it's like tapping the user's shoulder while he's working, it's just rude. And with watermarks put on anything printed, a nag at startup, and the program only lasting for thirty days, an additional nag that flashes in your face when you're not even working in the program, just have it open in the background, is both unnecessary and obnoxious.