Images

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

marvey99
New to all this

Images

Post by marvey99 »

Hi there,

I am writing an article that includes several images. The good news is that all the images placed at the end of the text so I don't have to worry about wrapping text around the images; however, would like to know how to reduce the line space between text that I have placed above an image. For example, I may have two images on one page that are arranged horizontally, I would to put a) above the first image and b) above the send image, with a relatively small gap.

Thanks in advance for your help

cheers
Marvin
Hans-Reinhard Koch
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Images

Post by Hans-Reinhard Koch »

I believe, the best way to do this is to create a table (2x2). Put the a) and b) in the first row fields and the two figures into the second row fields.
Hans-Reinhard
Hans-Reinhard Koch, Bonn, Germany
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Images

Post by Mart°n »

You could adjust the space between your text and the following image in several ways. For example, you could select your text or your image (remember that Mellel treats images like text) and adjust the line height of either one or both. To do this, select the text, open the “Alignment & Spacing” palette, (the “Line spacing” thing is at the bottom of this palette) set the unit dropdown to “points” and adjust the height of the line.
Depending on your paragraph settings, you may also be able to adjust the “Paragraph spacing” (set to zero) in the very same palette.

If you can’t decrease the space any further, you could shift the text (or the image) some pixels up and down via the “Character Appearance” palette. Select your image (or your text) open the “Character Appearance” palette and change the value of the “Baseline shift” (it would make most sense to shift the picture up because if you shift the text down, the space between the header (or the upper page border) and your text would increase.

That’s it, hope this helps.