Those darn diamonds

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

bluesdance
Knows everything, can prove it
Location: NYC [school], rural north of Toronto [summer], Pittsburgh [otherwise]

Those darn diamonds

Post by bluesdance »

I am working on a siddur project that has lots of separate files so I can work on each section of the siddur separately. That's the easiest setup for me. When I redefine styles while working in one document, invariably I open the other document to find that everything that was style "Body" is now style "[diamond] Body" and I have to go through and redefine everything as "Body" to get it to accept the changes that I made to the style while working in the other document. This behavoir mystifies me because it seems to defeat the purpose of having the same stylesheet across multiple documents. Anyone know a way to get Mellel to stop it with those diamonds?
Mellelers for Undo Reform
matthias

Re: Those darn diamonds

Post by matthias »

bluesdance,
You may want to have a look into the preferences' open-and-save-tab. There you will find an option that handles Mellel's behaviour when opening a file after modifying a style. Check "Update document styles". Hope this helps.
Matthias
bluesdance
Location: NYC [school], rural north of Toronto [summer], Pittsburgh [otherwise]

Re: Those darn diamonds

Post by bluesdance »

AWESOME
some day I would like to see an actually useful help file in Mellel, but until that day, it's wonderful to have such helpful folks in the forums.
Mellelers for Undo Reform