No highlighted word in search bug?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

soliphint
Knows everything, can prove it

No highlighted word in search bug?

Post by soliphint »

Whenever I do a basic search for a word, when the word is found by Mellel, it is not highlighted on the page. Since I'm searching a long document, I have to read through the whole page showing in order to find the word I've searched. Is this a bug?
verma

Re: No highlighted word in search bug?

Post by verma »

soliphint wrote:Whenever I do a basic search for a word, when the word is found by Mellel, it is not highlighted on the page. Since I'm searching a long document, I have to read through the whole page showing in order to find the word I've searched. Is this a bug?
It's hightlighted in my docs. What background colour do you have?
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

verma wrote:
soliphint wrote:Whenever I do a basic search for a word, when the word is found by Mellel, it is not highlighted on the page. Since I'm searching a long document, I have to read through the whole page showing in order to find the word I've searched. Is this a bug?
I have a light gray background.
verma

Post by verma »

soliphint wrote:
verma wrote:
I have a light gray background.
that's probably the culprit. Change it to another colour and you'll notice the highlight (is standard grey).
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

Thank you. I guess there's no way to change the highlighted color?
verma

Post by verma »

soliphint wrote:Thank you. I guess there's no way to change the highlighted color?
I guess not - it's probably a catch22 situation anyway - use another colour and perhaps another user will have your problem. Of course, one could suggest that they show in a default eye-offending colour that no-one is ever willing to use as background colour... Perhaps you can add a request it to the 2.6 wishlist!
donb

Post by donb »

The highlight color can be changed via the Apple Preferences > Appearance.

Don Broadribb
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

It seems that works for highlighting selected text, but not for text that is highlighted otherwise. The "Find" text in Mellel still highlights in gray, even though the color in Apple Prefs. -> Appearances is orange.
verma

Post by verma »

soliphint wrote:It seems that works for highlighting selected text, but not for text that is highlighted otherwise. The "Find" text in Mellel still highlights in gray, even though the color in Apple Prefs. -> Appearances is orange.
Indeed- Mellel's Find command puts it in light gray, when you click on the text, it turns to Apple's general preference for highlighting. But that's not the problem, if I understood well - but the original Mellel colour used to highlight while executing the Find command. As far as I know, it's something the Redlers have to change.
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

I realize this is a minimal problem in the big scheme of WP things, but I would very much like to keep my gray background, as it is easier on the eyes, and would like, if possible, to have the highlighted text in "Find" changed. Sure, it's possible that others may have the same background if it's changed, but I doubt there are any out there with, for example, the orange colored background that is default for Apple's highlighted selected text.
verma

Post by verma »

soliphint wrote:I realize this is a minimal problem in the big scheme of WP things, but I would very much like to keep my gray background, as it is easier on the eyes, and would like, if possible, to have the highlighted text in "Find" changed. Sure, it's possible that others may have the same background if it's changed, but I doubt there are any out there with, for example, the orange colored background that is default for Apple's highlighted selected text.
exactly. I'd suggest you suggest this to the Redlers - i.e. that the default colour for the Find text highlight (viewable from within the Find dialogue) be changed to a user-specified colour - much like the general Apple highlight setting. I.e. that the same highlighting be used as the one that is used inside the specific Mellel or Compact view window.
rwg

Post by rwg »

I think you will find that the greying out of the "Find" text occurs in other applications too, including Apple's own Preview and Pages. But interestingly it doesn't happen in Nisus (perhaps because it has its own preferences for customizing various highlight colours?).

Rolf