Expanding palettes?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kga1978
Read the guide!

Expanding palettes?

Post by kga1978 »

Hi,

I am about to start writing my thesis, and only now do I realise the power of character/paragraph styles.... However, I have quite a few different of these and the problem is that I have to use the scroll-bar on the palette to reach some of them. Is there any way I can expand the palette so I don't have to do this? Either manually within the program or via a hack....

Thanks very much in advance.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Expanding palettes?

Post by Mart°n »

This is actually a shortcomming in Mellel’s interface and there’s no official way to resize those palettes. However, you could access your most needed styles via shortcuts you can assign to the character and paragraph styles.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

As I have tested a few minutes ago, there is a chance to hack the palette size if you like to do so. If you have Apple’s Developer Tools installed (should be available on your Mac OS X install DVD), you are able to edit the necessary .nib-file inside the Mellel application (Mellel > Resources > YourLanguage.lproj > Pal_ParagraphStyle.nib and Pal_CharacterStyle.nib) You could open those files with the Interface Builder and change the size of the whole palette as well as the included styles list. Be sure to make a backup of the current .nib file before making any changes.
But as posted above, working with shortcuts may be the more elegant solution.
kga1978
Read the guide!

Post by kga1978 »

Aha! Interface builder did the trick - brilliant thanks very much ;). I do agree however that shortcuts may be the way to go - I love shortcuts, just didn't know you could do this! Back to the manual and figure out how.

Thanks a bunch!