Mellel shortcut to paste plain text

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

physci
Got the styles thing figured out

Mellel shortcut to paste plain text

Post by physci »

Mellel has two identical submenus for plain text.
copy --> 'plain text'
paste -> 'plain text'.

I'd like to create a keyboard shortcut for the plain text (belonging to the paste menu).

No matter what I've tried, the custom keyboard shortcut I set only gets assigned to the copy --> plain text.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I posted this in the apple discussions forum a couple of days prior, but am yet to get a response.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 7&tstart=0
Last edited by physci on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donb
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Mellel shortcuts

Post by donb »

Mellel 2.5 has command-option-shift-c for copy plain text, and command-option-shift v for paste plain text as default keyboard shortcuts. Do they not work for you?

Donald Broadribb
physci

Post by physci »

I do not paste rich text. I only paste plain text. I'm trying to replace command-option-shift-v with command-v for pasting plain text. Having to press those extra keys is really getting ony my nerves now. I recently moved from a long-'relationship' with NWP, which implemented this option, and I got really used to it.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
TomEck
Knows everything, can also explain

Post by TomEck »

This is probably not the most elegant solution and it might be easier to get use of the default settings but as far as I have tried I was able to change or assign keyboard shortcuts of Mellels menubar items (including submenus) through Menu Master (I can even change the F2-F8 settings for the character style variations which are only accessible through the pallet but not the F1). Menu Master is systemwide working haxie by Unsanity, available for 10.4 and as a beta for 10.5 (I have no problems with the beta). It costs US$ 10 as far as I remember... long time ago that I bought it...(maybe you can find similar apps as freeware). Perhaps you like to try if this works for you...
rwg

Post by rwg »

An alternative is to use the free plug-in PlaintextPaste, which allows you to paste plain text with Command-Shift-V, which is at least an improvement over Mellel's default shortcut. I don't know whether it works in Leopard, but I've been using it for years without any problems.

http://www.pozytron.com/plaintextpaste

Rolf
donb

Post by donb »

Is it that you always want to copy and paste "Plain Text"? If so, then your only recourse would be to one of the macro making programs, which can override the normal settings of a program.

Donald Broadribb
TomEck
Knows everything, can also explain

Post by TomEck »

But if you are interested in more flexibility for copy&paste you should check out clipboard extensions like PTH Pasteboard which gives you the ability to create different filters for pasting text (plain text, lower/uppercase, capitalised, html, unwrap [very helpful to copy&paste text from PDF], remove empty lines, and much more) and it allows you to assign hot keys for every filter...
physci

Re: Mellel shortcut to paste plain text

Post by physci »

Thanks HEAPS.

PTH Pasteboard, PlaintextPaste and Menu Master are great options. I'm trying each of them now. PTH Pasteboard is impressive!