Blue interface scheme

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Pepsen
New to all this

Blue interface scheme

Post by Pepsen »

Hi there everybody, I'm new here.

I'm Pepsen from Switzerland. I've just bought this great piece of software and so far I'm very impressed by all the possibilities.

The mainly reason to have bought Mellel is presented at Redlers.com as one of the 10 top reasons to switch over to this software, and it's named as point nr 6 and should look like this:

I'd like to write my dissertation and I'll spend much hours with Mellel and therefore I need an eye-friendly user interface and I'd like to install exactly that blue colour scheme... I tried to find help in the manual but without any luck, I've only found that trick to switch between brushed-alu and Aqua design, that's all :(

So, anyone of you guys can help me?

TIA

Pepsen
TomEck
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Blue interface scheme

Post by TomEck »

Welcome to Mellel!

To achieve your goal just follow the instruction from the Mellelguide:
Choose File > Open Template… and then choose one of the default templates
with a reversed colour scheme.
You will find in "Ablage -> Vorlage öffnen... -> Alle" a template "Yellow on blue".

Hope this helps,
Thomas
rjleland
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by rjleland »

Might this be what you're looking for? (I'm not sure because I've never tried to use this option.) This is from pp. 42-43 of my mellel guide, hope it's helpful:

Full Screen mode with a background colour
You can use the full screen mode to work with Mellel with a background colour,
with reversed colours, and so on.

To work with a reversed colour scheme in full screen mode:
1 Do one of the following:
• Choose File > Document Setup… and change the background colour to a
darker colour, then change the colour of the text you’re entering to a lighter
colour.
• Choose File > Open Template… and then choose one of the default templates
with a reversed colour scheme.
2 Choose Window > View > Full Screen.

To work with a completely reversed colour scheme:
1 Open the Universal Access panel in System Preferences, then open the Seeing panel
and click the White on Black radio button. You can easily activate and deactivate
this option with the keyboard shortcut Cmd+Option+Ctrl+8.
2 Move to Mellel and choose Window > View > Full Screen.
Pepsen
New to all this

Post by Pepsen »

Thank you both TomEck and rjleland for your help. Much appreciated.

> 1 Do one of the following:
> • Choose File > Document Setup… and change the background colour to a darker colour,
> then change the colour of the text you’re entering to a lighte colour.

I've seen these instructions in the English manual.

Well, I don't want do change any document colours.
I only want to change the background colour on screen and specially in full screen mode.

I work with the German version of Mellel. In the top-left Mellel-menu I can click on "Einstellungen", that's also to find typing "cmd+," and there is where I've finally found a radio button saying "Hintergrund (am Bildschirm)", in English that is "Background (on screen). And it works! But I can NOT define the screen colour of the text... and I repeat: I don't want to change the document's text colour, I don't want to print out blue sheets with yellow text (blue ink is expensive nowadays :shock: )

Maybe you have an idea, otherwise I hope that this function will be added in a future version.

Pepsen
rjleland
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by rjleland »

Hey Pepsen,
My understanding is that the background color is display only (at least that's how it works for me). But the text color is another matter. That, I think, you would have to change before printing. Maybe there's some way around this, but I'm not aware of it. Still the switch can be really quick. Just set up two style sets, one for composing and one for printing finished work. Make sure to name the styles the same things. Then compose in your compose styles, and when you're ready to print, you can switch to the print style. In english you'd do this by choosing the style sets menu and then switching to the print style. When Mellel asks you "how to match the document styles with the styles in the new set" just choose "match styles with the same name" and you're good to go. Hope this is reasonably clear.
Pepsen
New to all this

Post by Pepsen »

Hi rjleland,
Thank you for your efforts here.
I'll try this print-style-switching-trick.
Anyway, if a developer is reading this: Personally I hope that there will be implemented a "screen-only-text-colour" together with the already existing "screen-only-background-colour".

Now I'll try to learn some of the other functions...

Pepsen
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by jannuss »

Just a thought:

I find a pale background color [a light aqua or salmon for example] much more eye-relaxing than your dark blue
and
I can use black text which makes selecting text-for-print unnecessary.

Janet
Last edited by jannuss on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsen
New to all this

Post by Pepsen »

Probably I wasn't able to have such a cool idea like you had, Janet, because I'm always looking for things being done the hard way, errrm :oops:

Maybe I'm still too much influenced by those old computers of early to mid 80s...

Anyway this is a good way to go because when working at daylight and looking on a completely black screen my iMac is a just a perfect mirror telling me that I should shave that ugly 5-day-beard... and with an Aqua screen I look rather neutral.

Pepsen