footnotes at bottom of page

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

footnotes at bottom of page

Post by Bulow »

I am new to the forum, but have been using Mellel with pleasure for 5 years. Perhaps my problem has already been treated somewhere, but I have not found it:
Footnotes at the bottom of the page normally work well, but if the page contains a section-break, the notes appear at the end of the section, not at the bottom of the pages. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Bulow
nicka

Re: footnotes at bottom of page

Post by nicka »

That's not a bug, in the technical sense that the feature is programmed to work that way. On the other hand, it's a pain in the neck. One can only hope it will be fixed in a future version of Mellel...
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Among the feature requests, this is indeed one of the evergreens …
Bulow

Post by Bulow »

Footnotes at the bottom of the page normally work well, but if the page contains a section-break, the notes appear at the end of the section, not at the bottom of the pages. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Well, I wrote this about 18 months ago and was told that it was not a bug and that it was indeed one of the evergreen desiderata. Now I have 2.7.3, and it still has not been corrected. Why?
Bulow
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

You might find your answer in this thread : http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2115

Eric
Bulow

Post by Bulow »

Answer, I don't know, but you are no doubt right that the subjects are related, and my simple problem may have a very complicated solution. I'd still like a solution though. As it is, it means that one cannot use sections at all in a long text with footnotes.
Adam