BUG: Cannot paste into tables

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kga1978
Read the guide!

BUG: Cannot paste into tables

Post by kga1978 »

Hi,

Whenever I try to cut and paste some text within the same table (say from one row to another), the operation fails (the text is cut, but only blank characters are pasted - trying to write in the very same table-space as I copied to, only gives me blank text). Any idea what is wrong here, or is it a bug in 2.5?

Thanks,
Kristian
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: BUG: Cannot paste into tables

Post by Bulow »

I cannot reproduce the problem, but I think it may be related to character styles. In certain cases, when importing text in a font you do not have, you get blanks, e.g. in TimesNR if you want it to write accentuated Greek. Sometimes, not always.
Are you working in a special alphabet? I think it may be that your table is set automatically to a font that does not have the alphabet you are using. Could that be the case? I tried with some cyrillic letters, an alphabet which is not included in every font, and pasted it into a square that was predefined to a font (and secondary font) that does not contain cyrillic, but in all cases where it was necessary Mellel substituted Lucida Grande as it should do.
Anyway, this is not very helpful
Bulow
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: BUG: Cannot paste into tables

Post by nicka »

I don't see this either, and can't guess what is causing it. Have you tried with a new document, in a newly created table, in a standard roman font? If you get the same problem there it might be the fault of your installation of Mellel. Otherwise it might be a corrupt document, or a corrupt font, I suppose.