Mellel has problems with Dropbox?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

simifilm
Knows everything, can prove it

Mellel has problems with Dropbox?

Post by simifilm »

Hi,

I'm encountering strange problems with Mellel files and Dropbox. Dropbox (https://www.getdropbox.com/) is a solution for a webdrive which integrates nicely into the Finder and which, so far, has been very reliable. It automatically syncs files as soon as they are changed. The strange thing is that this doesn't seem to work with Mellel files. The reason for this is completely unclear to me. When I open a file, change something and save it again, Dropbox will not sync as it would normally do. When I rename or duplicate the same file in the Finder, Dropbox does its duty.

I just did a simple test: I created a new Mellel file and saved it to my Dropbox. It got synced. I edited the file, saved it again, nothing happened. Doing the same with TextEdit works.

Any ideas?

Simon
simifilm

Re: Mellel has problems with Dropbox?

Post by simifilm »

Actually, I already solved the problem. One should really do better research. ;) It was a problem of Dropbox which got resolved in the meantime. Everyone experiencing this should upgrade to the latest beta.
signinstranger

Post by signinstranger »

Here's a thread from the Scrivener Forum that deals with this particular problem. I'm still not sure if I should put my stuff back on Dropbox, or not. :?
simifilm

Post by simifilm »

signinstranger wrote:Here's a thread from the Scrivener Forum that deals with this particular problem. I'm still not sure if I should put my stuff back on Dropbox, or not. :?
Can't say anything about Srivener files, but I never had problems with Dropbox before, and the Mellel problems have definitel been resolved with the update.