Using tabs on a table

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

flike
Got the styles thing figured out

Using tabs on a table

Post by flike »

Hi
I am trying to get to align some cells of tables which contain numbers with decimals using the decimal tab, but can't seem to manage it. I can use this tab to align numbers on ther sections of the document, but in the cells the tab key isn't working this way. I' ve read the tutorial, but didn't find sth helpful. (It says sth for using option+tab key in the cells, but that is used from apple for switching between applications). Every suggestion can be very helpful, espexially if someone has dealt with this problem before. (I guess it's pretty common when referring to tables with numbers!)
Thanks in regards
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Using tabs on a table

Post by jannuss »

flike wrote:I am trying to get to align some cells of tables which contain numbers with decimals using the decimal tab, but can't seem to manage it. I can use this tab to align numbers on ther sections of the document, but in the cells the tab key isn't working this way.
Within tables the tab key is used to jump from cell to cell.
[shift-tab jumps cells backwards]

To get an actual tab inside a table cell use alt-tab.

Janet
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Using tabs on a table

Post by rpcameron »

flike wrote:(It says sth for using option+tab key in the cells, but that is used from apple for switching between applications).
Janet is correct, Option+Tab is used for creating tabs within tables. Some keyboards mark the Option key with "Alt", for compatibility with other operating systems. The keyboard shortcut used for switching applications is Command+Tab.
— Robert Cameron