Temporary citation format with Sente

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

aperriman
Got the auto-title mojo working

Temporary citation format with Sente

Post by aperriman »

Hi. I am trying out Sente 5.7.5 with Mellel 2.6.1. I have not found a way to change the temporary citation format from author date (eg. Smith 2008) to author, short title (eg. Smith, Shortbooktitle). Is this possible? While working on the document it would be much easier to keep track of things if the short title were included in the reference.
jb
Read the guide, knows everything

Re: Temporary citation format with Sente

Post by jb »

This is a matter for Sente and, AFAIK, is controlled by what is in the "Citation ID" box (in the "Identifiers" view in the right-hand pane in Sente).
I don't know whether you can set Sente up to insert this info into the Citation ID field automatically. (In any case, I think, you have to enter the short title yourself.) The documentation leaves something to be desired here—you should perhaps ask on the Sente forum—but what we're after I think is how to control what gets placed in the Citation ID field. By default it seems to be Author-Date, and I can't find how to change this.

I've tried to anwer in part because I, too, have wondered about this. Forgive me if I've got something less than perfect.
TomEck
Knows everything, can also explain

Post by TomEck »

What you are searching for has been discussed in this thread in the Sente forum.
gpolberd
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by gpolberd »

From what I can tell, it is not possible to have Sente enter a new citation format automatically. If you want something different, you have to change it manually youself for each one. It's not like Bookends, it seems, where a new citation format can be set up for every entry.