Bookends Question

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kcjimmyk
Read the guide!

Bookends Question

Post by kcjimmyk »

I have been trying Bookends for citations and bibliography and I am able to find the books I want to cite, but I can't seem to get the format the way I want it.

Example: Here is what I would like to see in the body of the Text:

“sealed” = σφραγίζω ( sphragizō ) “to provide with a seal as a security measure” (BDAG)

In the bibliography I would like this to appear:

Bauer, W. A., Frederick W. Danker, Frederick W., Ed. Walter. 1974 A Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament, and other early Christian literature, Third Edition. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.

Is there any way to make this (or something similar) happen?

Frustrated in KC (Jim)
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Bookends Question

Post by ozean »

kcjimmyk wrote:“sealed” = σφραγίζω ( sphragizō ) “to provide with a seal as a security measure” (BDAG)
What part of that text is the actual citation/source reference? I do not discern anything in that passage that would be related to the (pretty straightforward) bibliography entry that you entered.
jda
Already downloaded the guide

Post by jda »

Assuming that the in-text citation is (BDAG), you need to create a custom citation format. If BDAG is the abbreviated journal name and is entered in the journal field, for example, the custom citation format order would simply be

j

See the APA 5th format for an example of how custom citation formats are used (and of course the User Guide explains it).

If this needs followup, I suggest you contact our tech support directly (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software
kcjimmyk
Read the guide!

Post by kcjimmyk »

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I obviously need to go over the manual in greater detail.

The in text citation is indeed (BDAG) Bauer, Danker, Arndt and Gingrich. This is the citation that comes over from my Bible program (Accordance) along with the dictionary form of the Greek word and the page number.

Jim