Lowercase/Uppercase

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

donb
Knows everything, can prove it

Lowercase/Uppercase

Post by donb »

For some time I have been searching for a way to make upper case letters lower case in Mellel using Snow Leopard. The Appearance palette has a setting for All Upper Case, but none for All Lower Case.

With some experimenting, I found that it is possible to set an "All lower case" function in Mellel via Snow Leopard's Services feature (accessible via Mellel's File menu). In the File Menu choose Services Preferences, and when that opens, select the item called Services, and then scroll down a fair bit and you will find a feature called Lowercase. Tick this item and assign a shortcut to it. Since the System uses so many inbuilt shortcuts, you may have to try a lot of possible shortcuts till you find one that works. I discovered that command-option-control-9 does well as a shortcut for Lowercase. The 9 can be either the ordinary 9 on the main keyboard, or the 9 on the numbers set on the extended keyboard, the System accepts both for this purpose.

If you like, you can also set command-option-control-4 for Uppercase.

Both shortcuts work faultlessly in Mellel, and can also be used in almost all other Snow Leopard applications.

Don Broadribb