Mellel 2.8 is Here!

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

redlers
Site Admin

Mellel 2.8 is Here!

Post by redlers »

Hi to all,

Mellel 2.8 is out and about. The details are below. Note, apart from the new features stuff, the change in pricing and in update/upgrade policy. Enjoy.

Price Reduced!
  • Mellel's price was significantly reduced: $39 for the regular version, $29 for the educational version.
Free updates
  • All versions purchased from now on (and any version purchased from 2008 onwards) will gain a permanent license, with unlimited free updates.
Track Changes
  • Tracking any editing in the text (insertions, deletions, replace).
  • Tracking changes to character, paragraph, list, section and page attributes
  • Displaying changes as 'bubbles' or as revision marks.
  • Tracking changes by multiple users.
  • Navigating between changes and applying changes.
  • Viewing only changes by a given author
  • Pause tracking changes.
  • Import and export of changes to RTF.
Sort
  • Sort paragraphs, words, table rows and columns or delimited text.
  • Sort alphabetically (and by language) or numerically.
  • Secondary sort: sorting a list of items within a list.
  • Ignore when sorting: allowing for ignoring words (e.g., "the" or "an") or any parenthesised text when sorting.
  • Quick access to the last performed sort or a simple ascending/descending sort.
New File Format
  • Default file format is now a "zipped package" making it easy to work with email applications and backup/synchronisation services (mobile me, drop box, etc.).
    Undo across Save
  • You can now set Mellel to clear the Undo memory when saving or clear it after a set amount of undo steps.
Bug Fixes
  • Numerous bug fixes.
ealvarez
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Mellel 2.8 is Here!

Post by ealvarez »

Great news! :D ... but no line numbering (for what I see so far) :?
pacito
New to all this

Post by pacito »

Wonderful! I have only been with Mellel since 2.7, but I have come to love using it and continue to discover more of its powerful features. My sincere thanks to all those who have contributed to software's development in this update.

[I couldn't help noticing someone else also pines for line numbering!]
redlers
Site Admin

Post by redlers »

pacito wrote:Wonderful! I have only been with Mellel since 2.7, but I have come to love using it and continue to discover more of its powerful features. My sincere thanks to all those who have contributed to software's development in this update.

[I couldn't help noticing someone else also pines for line numbering!]
Well, one cannot do well without some pine to sit under. :idea:
donb

Post by donb »

The Beginners Tutorial for Mellel 2.8 is now available from the Mellel site. It is in the list Written with Mellel (in the current Mellel site, click on More on the main page when you go to the site, then choose Written with Mellel from the list which comes up, and once the Written with Mellel window comes up, scroll down to Tutorial for Beginners. Both a pdf and a Mellel version of the Tutorial are available. The Tutorial has been very extensively rewritten, and of course includes details, examples, explanations, and step by step instructions on all the new features of 2.8, as well as the many other features of Mellel.

Dom Broadribb
shades

Post by shades »

Once again, thanks, Don, for your work and support to Mellel. Your guides have been invaluable over the years.
Rich
old, slow, and confused...but at least I’m inconsistent!

iMac 27" (10. 13. 8 ) and MBP 13" Retina (10. 13. 8 )
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks again, Don! The Mellel community owes you a lot of gratitude for your work!