New website issues

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ahankinson
Knows everything, can prove it

New website issues

Post by ahankinson »

The new website seems to have some very wonky layout issues with the "Download" and "Buy" buttons overlapping some of the text in the body, the text in the sidebar bleeding out of it, and the more, support, and about links opening new pages (which is quite annoying).

I'm using the latest Safari on OS X 10.6.6.
kjmatthews

Re: New website issues

Post by kjmatthews »

I can't reproduce this on Safari 5.03 or Chrome 10.0.648.6. Try clearing Safari's cache and reloading the page.
rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

I don't see any rendering issues, either. I did notice a few places were font sizing was inconsistent, but that looks to be because of poor coding, not rendering issues.

As an aside, I hadn't seen the new website until this post mentioned it. I'm not sure who decided it was necessary to redo the website, but perhaps they should have done some testing or a focus group first, because the new site is horrible. (Of course, since Mellel's interface leaves much to be desired from a Mac application ...)
— Robert Cameron
ahankinson

Post by ahankinson »

Weird. Here's what it looks like to me:

http://transientstudent.net/screenshot/ ... enshot.png

This is Safari 5.0.3. I've tried reloading, resetting, etc. but it still looks wonky.

Edit: I figured it out. I have my default font set to something other than Times, and a size other than 12. I see that the new site is using the <font> tag without units on the size, which is probably what's causing it to be screwy.
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

I have neither a positive or a negative reaction to the new website design except that change can be a good thing.

I also am running Safari 5.03 with default fonts not set to Times 12 and I have no difficulty viewing the new pages.

Janet
miles11

Post by miles11 »

The new site displays well on my PB - running Tiger.

The layout is … interesting. Very black. Black, with buttons the size of Volkswagens.

On the plus side, I really like Mellel 2.8.