Fonts in Table of Contents

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Andrew Lister
Got the auto-title mojo working

Fonts in Table of Contents

Post by Andrew Lister »

I'm having trouble getting my fonts to turn out right in my table of contents. I keep getting bolds appearing where no bolds should be.

If I understand correctly - likely not - the fonts in my table of contents should be set by the paragraph and character styles I have used in the "Edit Title Flows" sub-menu, using the "TOC Format" button , with "use different format for ToC" selected. I have defined a special character style for the table of contents. It contains no bold. Yet every time I create the ToC, many (not all!) of the entries come up bold. I don't see why this is. The ordinary paragraph and character styles should be overridden by my having clicked "use different format for ToC", and having selected a format without bold. No?
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Fonts in Table of Contents

Post by ozean »

could you maybe supply a screen shot of the problematic TOC? (And maybe of the auto-title setting for the TOC that you use?) That would make troubleshooting a bit easier.

To make a screenshot hit command+shift+4 and then either pull a rectangle around the area that you want to shoot or hit the space key and follow this by a click while hovering above the window that you want to shoot.
Andrew Lister
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Andrew Lister »

I think I solved the problem. I noticed that some of my auto-titles had fonts set within the auto-title dialogue box. That is to say: although the auto-title wouldn't show any font variation when highlighted, it would when double-clicked. So I double-clicked every auto-title dialogue, and reset the font variation to base. For some of them, it was already set to base, but they were still showing up as bold in my ToC. For others, the font variation was set to bold. Resetting them all to base did the trick; now all entries in the ToC are in ordinary font, not bold (because that's how the font settings are in the separate ToC format settings in the auto-title setup menu).
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ozean »

Ah, yes, the clicking, checking etc. of all the individual components of auto-titles can become quite tedious and it is often a source of difficult to track errors. But on the other hand, it is very powerful indeed…