Space between running header and text

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Boban
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Space between running header and text

Post by Boban »

Thanks. Changing the font does help, but only certain fonts. For example, changing it to Times didn't effect the issue, but Times New Roman did fix it. However, shouldn't the spacing issue 'work' in all fonts, particularly with such a popular one like Warnock?

B.
ahankinson

Post by ahankinson »

I was able to replicate this with Times, but only after futzing around with some settings.

Could you confirm that, in your footnote settings (Insert->Note->Edit Note Attributes) what you have listed for "Character Style" under the "Reference Symbol" section? And that you have "Superscript" checked?

Then in your Character Style settings for that style, could you check that you have "position: Normal" and no baseline shift applied?

The only way I was able to replicate it is if I "doubly shifted" the character style; that is, I set the character style to superscript in the Note Attributes, but then also created a Character Style set to superscript.

If you could also post a copy of a file that does this somewhere, I'd be happy to have a look at it. You can PM me if you don't want to post a link on here.
Boban

Post by Boban »

Thanks for that. I checked it all as you suggested, but no change to the problem. I did manage to fix it and that was by changing the font size for the reference symbol to 10-point font, from 12.

Many thanks.

B.