Imbedded PDFs don't print properly

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

TLS
Read the guide!

Imbedded PDFs don't print properly

Post by TLS »

I have a fairly long document with about 170 small PDF files containing EPS vector drawings imbedded in the text. I have two problems when printing.

1. If the PDFs/images are at the top of the page, they are cut off at the top as they are larger than the x-height of the typeface, but fit within the leading space above and below (I dropped the baseline of the images to get them to fit); the leading above is naturally ignored when at the top of a page. How can I prevent this short of making the images far smaller or some how forcing them away from the top of the page (such as by rewriting the text)?

2. when I print directly from Mellel, every Postscript printer I have tried ignores the EPS data in the EPS and instead prints the bitmap preview image. I have confirmed that the PDFs inside the Mellel file do in fact contain the EPS data. Furthermore, if I "print" the Mellel file as a PDF itself, and then print that file from Adobe Acrobat, it works fine. This will work in the short run, but I would rather be able to skip that step and just print from Mellel.

I am using Mellel 2.9.1 build 1 under OS 10.6.8.

thanks!
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Imbedded PDFs don't print properly

Post by ozean »

I guess you should contact the Redlers directly via their support e-mail, as this sounds like a bug that needs some more info for proper troubleshooting (best would be to include a sample file in your report).