Live Bibliography & Bookends

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

gguthrie
Got the auto-title mojo working

Live Bibliography & Bookends

Post by gguthrie »

I have just upgraded to Mellel 3.0 and love the new feature set and redesign. However, when I attempt to use Live Bib, Mellel freezes (when I click on a source to use in the document), with the spinning beach ball of death. If I Force Quit Bookends (which I have also just updated to the most recent edition), Mellel returns to normal.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts?
jda
Already downloaded the guide

Re: Live Bibliography & Bookends

Post by jda »

Have you tried Rebuilding your Bookends library? If so, and no success, please contact tech support directly (Sonny Software and RedleX).

Jon
Sonny Software
gguthrie
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Live Bibliography & Bookends

Post by gguthrie »

Jon,

I did a rebuild. I also found that I had a number of unresolved references in my document and took care of those. However, when I use Live Bibliography, which does work now, it takes about 35-40 seconds for the reference to show up in the document (the beach ball is spinning while waiting), and if I delete a reference, it takes another 35-40 seconds. This probably is due to the length of the document (900 pages with about 450 reference works so far). I am using a two-yr-old Macbook Pro with 8 G ram.

It may be that I will use Live Bib on shorter documents, but I am VERY happy with both Mellel and Bookends. I promote both tools to friends and students.

Thanks for your good work.

George