Bookends scanning problem

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

grebmar
Already downloaded the guide

Bookends scanning problem

Post by grebmar »

I'm not sure if this is a Bookends or Mellel problem. I have been able to scan Mellel documents with no problems up until last fall, and haven't changed anything except for updates. But today when I scanned my current document, it goes through all the motions, but no citations appear in the notes, except for the added text (such as page numbers). the citations do appear in the Bibliography palette in Mellel. I tried an older document that scanned correctly, and it gives the same problem.

I am using Bookends 11.3.6, and Mellel 3.1.3.
beneficus
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Bookends scanning problem

Post by beneficus »

Same here. Exactly the same problem. Tried with a new user account, with a small database, with a new document (two citations only), but nothing. I own both the MAS and the indie versions of both Mellel and Bookends. Documents that used to scan correctly now get stuck in the scanning phase of Bookends.
-----------
Edit:
Updating to OS X 10.8.3 seems to solve the problem. Should anything change, I'll post again.
raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by raymond »

Sometime, rebooting BE and if necessary restarting the Mac a helping to solve these kind of problem, though not always. :wink:
jda

Post by jda »

This issue was thoroughly discussed on our forum

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=2&t=3142

It should be resolved now that 10.8.3 is out.

Jon
Sonny Software
GediWorrier

Post by GediWorrier »

grebmar wrote:I'm not sure if this is a Bookends or Mellel problem. I have been able to scan Mellel documents with no problems up until last fall, and haven't changed anything except for updates. But today when I scanned my current document, it goes through all the motions, but no citations appear in the notes, except for the added text (such as page numbers). the citations do appear in the Bibliography palette in Mellel. I tried an older document that scanned correctly, and it gives the same problem.

I have just found the same problem today, same version of Bookends. In my case, Bookends will not match the citations in Mellel. I had entered the citations manually (as I always do) and converted them to citations. All OK until it comes time to verify. Then it just wants me to manually match every single citation. No way.

I suspect that the problem is with Bookends. They released an update at the start of the month. I have reported this on their forum. :twisted:
GediWorrier

Post by GediWorrier »

grebmar wrote:I'm not sure if this is a Bookends or Mellel problem. I have been able to scan Mellel documents with no problems up until last fall, and haven't changed anything except for updates. But today when I scanned my current document, it goes through all the motions, but no citations appear in the notes, except for the added text (such as page numbers). the citations do appear in the Bibliography palette in Mellel. I tried an older document that scanned correctly, and it gives the same problem.

I have just found the same problem today, same version of Bookends. In my case, Bookends will not match the citations in Mellel. I had entered the citations manually (as I always do) and converted them to citations. All OK until it comes time to verify. Then it just wants me to manually match every single citation. No way.

I suspect that the problem is with Bookends. They released an update at the start of the month. I have reported this on their forum. :twisted: