Dictionary and Spelling

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

lj12
New to all this

Dictionary and Spelling

Post by lj12 »

Does anyone know where Mellel stores the learned spelling of new words? In addition, is it possible to edit this list of learned words in case the previously "learned" word has been stored in wrong spelling? I tried everything but did not manage to figure that out.
Thanks in advance for the help!!!

All the best

LJ
SDempsey
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Dictionary and Spelling

Post by SDempsey »

For Mellel's spell check to work properly, you have to set a language. Change it in the Character/Styles section of the Palette.

As for teaching it new words, you just right click on the word and select 'Learn spelling'.
lj12
New to all this

Post by lj12 »

Thanks, that I know already. The point is how to "unlearn" a previously wrongly learned word?
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Bulow »

lj12 wrote:Thanks, that I know already. The point is how to "unlearn" a previously wrongly learned word?
I can't find it either. One used to (or was it in another program?) be able to call up a list of learned words and edit it. In Library>application support>Mellel>learned words there are two list, but no words in them, although there should be, and anyway it is not useful for editing.
lj12
New to all this

Post by lj12 »

MS Word can do that. So far as know it is even not that easy using the MC build-in dictionary. However, you can type in the wrongly stored word in Pages and then use the unlearn button in Pages.

I am looking for something similar for Mellel since I am using Mellel quite intensively and I have stored some wrongly learned words, which I have to delete.
tika-tika
Knows everything, can also explain

Post by tika-tika »

This is a workaround, but if you type the misspelled word into TextEdit, and right click or control click, then you can select "unlearn". Since Mellel uses the OSX dictionary, Mellel will also unlearn the word.
raymond
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by raymond »

Sorin Paliga on this list gave me the solution for Mellel spellchecker which works very well.
Try to read all the thread and you wil find his explanatind as to how to do what is needed to do.

HTH
On 31מרץ, 2015, at 12:44, pix@maksimo.de [redlex] <redlex@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Is it possible to use cocoAspell spellcheckers in Mellel?

Many of us need spellcheckers for languages that are not provided by Apple. One can find several dozens of extra spellcheckers on the LibreOffice download page. In order to use these spellcheckers one must first install cocoAspell.

After installing cocoAspell you’ll have an additional preference pane called “Spelling” in the System Preferences.

On 1יולי, 2012, at 09:23, Sorin Paliga <sorin.paliga@gmail.com> wrote:

Check with TextEdit or LibreOffice or OpenOffice, if they do not work there, there is a problem with Mellel.
Do dics show up in System Preferences/Language and Text/Text and, under button Spelling, you must see the whole list of available dics, including the ones added as described. If it does not who up there, there is a problem with them. In attached file, the last dics (the ones described as ‘library’) are the ones added after unarchiving OO dics.
On 01.07.2012, at 00:27, raymond <raymond@actcom.co.il> wrote:

I have d/l the 3 languages dict. from the link you gave, and opened them according to your instructions.
The folders I have got I entered to the Spelling folder in my home library.
I have logged out and in, and launched Mellel and try to spell check Hebrew, and failed. No go.
I do not know why, and what is the problem with my Mellel, but it doesn't work for me, and I need to spell in Hebrew as well.
I have tried to spell check Hebrew in Mail, and it works very fine, noy=t on my Mellel.<Screen Shot 2012-07-01 at 09.22.15.png>
I hope some good soul would be able to assist me.

TIA

On 30 Jun 2012, at 22:21, Sorin Paliga wrote:

Press button ‘I want to do more...’, and you will get, among others, to

http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... ctionaries

Hebrew has 3 such dics
On 30.06.2012, at 21:24, raymond <raymond@actcom.co.il> wrote: