Index

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

lunatics1971
New to all this

Index

Post by lunatics1971 »

Hello everyone,

I do apologise if this topic was created earlier. I am trying to create an index for my phd to no avail. Can any one give me any hints?

Thanks in advance!
Lucia
tika-tika
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Index

Post by tika-tika »

Sorry, you are out of luck. Mellel does not have indexing

There is a work around that might work in some instances on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2782, but I doubt it would work for a large document like a PhD. For one, it is super labour intensive- each index item has to be manually tagged using a Bookmark and manually linked using cross-references and Target IDs. Second, since Target IDs are unique, each occurrence of an indexed word will show up multiple times (assuming you use Keyword1, Keyword2 etc) and would have to be manually adjusted. Third, multiple pages would have to be Target IDed as beginning and end (Keyword1_start, Keyword1_end) for each entry and manually adjusted. While the poster proposing this methods should be credited for creativity, it fails to live up to a full indexing solution, a feature that is often requested by users.
vinesy
Read the guide!

Re: Index

Post by vinesy »

You could export to rtf and make an index in LibreOffice... though the export-import process will almost certainly introduce other complications...