Footnote position

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DdeCaussin
Got the styles thing figured out

Footnote position

Post by DdeCaussin »

I have both Note flows and Footnote style set to bottom of Page.
I have a two column page and the left column has several section breaks on one page.
When I add a footnote, it positions at the bottom of the section where I inserted the footnote. I want it placed at the bottom of the page.

Help?
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Footnote position

Post by Bulow »

DdeCaussin wrote: I want it placed at the bottom of the page.
Yes, that would be nice, wouldn't it? I thought it was a bug, when I complained about it a long time ago, but was told that it wasn't. Perhaps some day? At the same time, one could dream about being able to decide the order in which notes from different notestreams are presented so that notes belonging to an apparatus criticus come before those that are comments on the text. So long as this can not be decided by the editor, the splendid feature of several notestreams is not really useful.
Bulow
DdeCaussin
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by DdeCaussin »

Ori helped me with the solution.

I made a table with invisible lines except for the vertical center line. I made a table with 2 columns and 4 rows.

I placed the text into the cells and used the ruler for spacing from the center line. This gave me the ability to have Hebrew and Ge'ez on the right and opposing English exegesis on the left. They were perfectly aligned.

When I added the footnotes they did go to the bottom of the page.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

Just beware with this solution for parallel columns of translation. You will need a separate cell for each paragraph, and Mellel's table cells do not flow to the following page, so you must manually manage your pagination. This feature, too, had been asked for since nearly Mellel's inception.
— Robert Cameron