ibid & italics problem

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

tinpa
Got the styles thing figured out

ibid & italics problem

Post by tinpa »

Hello,

I use Mellel with bookends. I have a problem with "ibid." On bookends I chose italic option for "ibid". The problem is that in the footnote of my Mellel document, the page number also appears in italic despite the fact that the footnote style is regular. Ex: "Ibid p. 32" Instead of "ibid. p. 32". I noticed that the footnote style has been changed (with the + sign beside). When I double-click the style, the whole citation appears in regular (the + sign beside disappears). If after i scan the document, i finally arrive at the desired result ("ibid. p. 32") But during the next scan the problem reappears.

Can someone help me? I'm in the middle of my doctoral thesis and the problem starts to drive me crazy.

NB. This is a google translation, sorry...

Martin.
Feanaaro
Already downloaded the guide

Re: ibid & italics problem

Post by Feanaaro »

I have the same issue, and would love to see it solved.
I think it actually happens only from the second scan on. That is to say, the first time that an un-scanned document is scanned, the italicization is correctly applied to the ibid. only, but then if the same document is re-scanned, then the problem appears.
tinpa
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: ibid & italics problem

Post by tinpa »

For information, I have already posted this problem in the bookends forum: https://www.sonnysoftware.com/phpBB3/vi ... bid#p15585