Placement of footnote separator

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Murando
Got the styles thing figured out

Placement of footnote separator

Post by Murando »

I am formatting a book for the publisher. They require the page numbers outside the main printing area (left and right). Therefore I reduced left and right margins and increased the settings in my text formats accordingly. Works fine except the placement of the footnote separator lines which should be on the left side aligned with the text. Unfortunately they are now aligned to the page numbers and therefore also outside of the main printing area.
Is there any way for separator lines aligned to the left boundary of the text instead to the left margin of the page? (Alignment "Center" is unfortunately not an option).

Or, the other way around: Any possibility to have smaller margins only in the heading?
Murando

Re: Placement of footnote separator

Post by Murando »

No idea anybody? The publisher suggests to export the whole book to Word and format it with Word :(
bluestem

Post by bluestem »

I love Mellel but for some reason cannot find the separator for footnotes. I'm writing a legal brief and honestly it looks bad, because the footnotes are not separated from the body of the brief. There is NO separator at all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead -
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Bulow »

Well, this is not the same problem, but anyway:
There seems to be no way in Mellel not to have a footnote separator, but perhaps yours has been set to be white? Go to insert>note>edit note attributes and see if the colour of your separator has not been set to white.
Bulow
bluestem

Post by bluestem »

Nope, that's not it. Insert>note>attributes shows a separator that is a black line. Other suggestions are most welcome. Wait wait wait. Now I have a separator and I do not know what I did. Obviously did something in insert>note>attributes. THANKS.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead -