Footnote Attributes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jsturgeon
Got the styles thing figured out

Footnote Attributes

Post by jsturgeon »

Hello again,

I am trying to edit the footnote attributes so that they are different in only a portion of a document.

Essentially I have a bit of text on one page that I cannot allow to be wrapped by the presence of too many footnotes. I want to limit the area for notes on that page only so that the notes are forced onto the next page.

So far I have been able to limit the size of the note field to the entire document, but that throws off my formatting elsewhere.

Does anybody know of a way to change the footnote attributes for only a single page?

Thank you
farcas
Read the guide!

Re: Footnote Attributes

Post by farcas »

Unless you need to stay within the count of previous notes, I'd suggest just creating a separate stream for that page.

On a whole though, I'd love to see more sophistication in notes attributes, both in how they show up in the body and in the note itself. For example, it would be nice to have predetermined text as titles over note streams and the option of a line to break up streams. This kind of sophistication is only the same kind of style preferences found with auto-titles. With this enhancement particular styles for a specific pages in a document would be a natural out flow. All that to say, I like the idea and if just creating a separate stream won't work, it might be room for improving the note streams.

Thanks!