Table-Cell Formatting

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Table-Cell Formatting

Post by laup »

If a table in Mellel is formatted so that some cells are colored, those colors do not export to rtf and Word. Has anyone discovered a trick for dealing with this? It is possible to use the thickness of cell borders to make the distinctions, rather than use colors, and that formatting exports. However, that would be quite non-standard in comparison with color coding in which, say, green cells indicate good results and red cells indicate bad results.

I'm rather surprised that this problem still exists, but there may be an rtf specification problem.
Paul
Bulow

Re: Table-Cell Formatting

Post by Bulow »

I have just, today, imported a table with lots of figures using rtf. Some of the figures were red and passed into Mellel as red. No problem. But it was the figures, not the cells, that were red.
Bülow
laup

Re: Table-Cell Formatting

Post by laup »

Apparently, the problem I mention is a known issue. The RTF conversion is not perfect. Apparently, it is necessary to create the table in the "other" app or do something ugly such as turn the Mellel table with formatting into a pdf graphic to be pasted into the other app. The result cannot be edited in Word.

This is disappointing since Mellel claims compatibility with Word via rtf and we're not talking about features that exist in Mellel but not in Word. My needs may be fairly unique among Mellel users, but I would naively think that they would not be. I see a lot of tables with colored cells in papers and books.
Paul