Anybody do Web Site development around Mellel?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

SamS
New to all this

Anybody do Web Site development around Mellel?

Post by SamS »

I've had a lot of trouble getting a web site built, and especially to use Mellel as the primary content development tool.
I've tried with several companies, a few of them small, freelancers, but I haven't been happy with anyone and with anything that's actually been developed.

Can anyone refer me to someone for development?

Thanks.
Sam.Sterling@Hotmail.com
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Anybody do Web Site development around Mellel?

Post by rpcameron »

I'm not sure I am understanding your question/request ... What are you looking for? Mellel is a word processor, for creating documents for print. Are you looking for a web prototyping tool? Something for layout/wireframing? Content publishing or CMS?

I honestly cannot think of any scenario in web development in which Mellel would serve as a tool suited for work on the web. Perhaps if you shared what you are actually looking for, someone may be able to direct you to a tool that is best suited to the tasks you are hoping to achieve.
— Robert Cameron
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Anybody do Web Site development around Mellel?

Post by Bulow »

I am no more certain than Cameron about what you mean. But if you want to see a website, a scentific journal in fact, where all the papers are edited in Mellel, here is one aigis.igl.ku.dk But of course, Mellel is used only for creating the pdf files. The actual html web-work is done in Dreamweaver. Sorry that is all in Danish.
Bulow