Citations with no parentheses

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

simleu
New to all this

Citations with no parentheses

Post by simleu »

Dear Mellel Team

I'm using Mellel to write my various thesis papers at university, and I have to say, generally, I'm very impressed with your software – great job!
However, I've been running into a problem over and over in the past, and I never found a proper way around it.

I use Sente 6 to manage my citations, and I've set it up to generate them according to my faculty's preferences. It generally works just fine, but whenever I quote something, the citation has parentheses around it, like for example Vgl. (Müller 2010, S. 254f.) (I write in German, therefore this example might look slightly unfamiliar).

At some places, these parentheses come in handy, but more often than that, I don't need them. And, unfortunately, they will appear even though I check the no parentheses option, which is offered in the «edit citation» window. I am pretty certain the parentheses con't come out of Sente, but only get added onto the citation directly in Mellel, as they don't appear in the preview inside Sente.

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure there is an easy way around this. Could you please help me?
jzents
Read the guide, knows everything

Re: Citations with no parentheses

Post by jzents »

Did you ever get an answer to this?