Mellel 4.0 and other secrets...

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

redlers
Site Admin

Mellel 4.0 and other secrets...

Post by redlers »

Hi to all,

We've just not created a blog post on our site regarding Mellel 4.0 - a sneakpeek into some of its features, and a word about to-buy-or-not-to-buy (the answer is: to buy).

Look it up here:
http://www.mellel.com/blog/2017/5/23/me ... -excellent

Ori from RedleX
Manu31
Read the guide!

Re: Mellel 4.0 and other secrets...

Post by Manu31 »

Hi there,

thanks for this new version of Mellel. I really enjoy every bit of this software, especially the way you solved the aporia between complexity of functions and simplicity of use, power and rationality.

So I just went on to buy the upgrade to Mellel 4, happy to support the development of one of the few tools I wouldn't like to get deprived. Unfortunately, it won't happen, not as long as the form a customer has to fill in into the Mellel shop is so inquisitive… Why on earth do you need my telephone number? I'm fed up with all this invasion of privacy.

Sorry, then.

from a vibrant supporter to Mellel.
Sergio
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Sergio »

I have MacAppStore version... If I buy now the upgrade...
1) I will receive a new version?
2) I must to uninstall the MacAppStore and install the new version in order to get the upgrade?
3) Or can I have the two versions working?
3) The IOS version will be updated too? If yes, Will I need to pay this iOS upgrade?
daiyi
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by daiyi »

Looks very nice. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to Mellel 4.0.
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

Very interesting indeed. I'll surely buy the upgrade :)
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

Manu31 - I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. The phone number collection is a standard feature of the purchase process done by FastSpring and we actually had no say about this. I'm quite sure this is a common practice and I can assure you that we never used nor ever will use this to invade your privacy.

Sergio - Regarding the app store, when Mellel 4.0 will be available we will offer a license conversion (if you bought Mellel less then two years ago) or a paid upgrade (for everybody else) from the app store version to the direct version. I'm afraid that Apple doesn't offer any option for paid upgrades in the app store so upgrading outside of the store is the only option. The iPad version will be a free upgrade for all current users.

Finally, just to clarify - it seems that our messages regarding this are still confusing some - Mellel 4.0 is not *yet* out, it will be quite soon.

When Mellel 4.0 will be out, the price will be raised and that is why we recommend not to wait on purchasing Mellel, if you buy Mellel now you will not only get it at the old price, but you will also be able to upgrade to 4.0 for free and, in addition to that, we will consider your purchase/upgrade as if you bought/upgraded to Mellel 4 on the day is came out (so your 2 years of free upgrades start when Mellel 4.0 is out).
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
Sergio
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Sergio »

Sergio - Regarding the app store, when Mellel 4.0 will be available we will offer a license conversion (if you bought Mellel less then two years ago) or a paid upgrade (for everybody else) from the app store version to the direct version. I'm afraid that Apple doesn't offer any option for paid upgrades in the app store so upgrading outside of the store is the only option. The iPad version will be a free upgrade for all current users.

Finally, just to clarify - it seems that our messages regarding this are still confusing some - Mellel 4.0 is not *yet* out, it will be quite soon.

When Mellel 4.0 will be out, the price will be raised and that is why we recommend not to wait on purchasing Mellel, if you buy Mellel now you will not only get it at the old price, but you will also be able to upgrade to 4.0 for free and, in addition to that, we will consider your purchase/upgrade as if you bought/upgraded to Mellel 4 on the day is came out (so your 2 years of free upgrades start when Mellel 4.0 is out).
So... I must upgrade ASAP to Mellel 4.0 in the mellel site even if If bought mellel in the macApp store?
Stefan Green
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Stefan Green »

I am not sure if I understood this fully, sorry about that, but what happens to iCloud support when Mellel 4.0 is out if I buy it now outside the app store?
/Stefan Green 8)
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

Regarding the update from the app store to Mellel, at the moment there is no way to pre-purchase this. Note that if you bought Mellel less then two years ago (Actually it will probably be longer then that) you may be eligible to upgrade to Mellel 4.0 outside of the store for free.

Regarding iCloud, the retail version doesn't have the dedicated iCloud menu but if your using macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or better then you can simply access your files via iCloud drive. Apple tried to make iCloud an exclusive feature for app store apps but they basically gave that up.

I know all this is a bit confusing, I wish we had more power to give a simpler solution but I'm afraid the App Store restrictions really getting in the way of the simpler and sustainable solutions.

I'll try to explain one more time, hopefully this will clarify things:
1. Let me mention again that Mellel 4.0 is not yet out, when we talk about "upgrade" or "buy" we mean upgrade your license or purchase a *license* which allow you to run the current version of Mellel (which is, at the time of this, Mellel 3.5.3)
2. The license you buy or upgrade now will, of-course, work for Mellel 4.0.
3. Starting with Mellel 4.0 we will return to our old upgrade policy of giving you 2 years of updates for free. Does that mean that if you buy now, and something (god forbid) causes us to delay Mellel 4.0 that you will receive less then two years of free updates after Mellel 4.0 is released? No! If you buy or upgrade now, you will receive 2 years of free updates starting from the release date of Mellel 4.0 and not from the date of purchase.
4. Mellel's price, as well as the price of upgrades, will go up when Mellel 4.0 is released.
The conclusion is: Buying Mellel now is a very good deal. If you're holding out on buying Mellel because Mellel 4.0 is coming soon - don't.

Put another way:
1. If you're a new customer considering Mellel. Buy now and you'll be able to use Mellel 3.5.3 now, upgrade to 4.0 for free and enjoy 2 years of free updates after that.
2. If you're a returning customer with an out of date license - you're in the same camp - upgrade now and you'll be able to use Mellel 3.5.3 now, upgrade to 4.0 for free and enjoy 2 years of free updates after that.
3. If your license is valid today but won't be when Mellel 4.0 - that is - if you bought Mellel before (at least) June 2015 (and you're not a "lifetime" customer) - Buy now and you'll get Mellel 4.0 at a reduced price with the same 2 years of juicy updates.
4. If you bought Mellel or Mellel Lite on the app store then if you bought Mellel less then two year ago - you'll be able to upgrade to Mellel 4.0 (outside the app store) for free. If you bought Mellel more then two years ago - you will be able to purchase an upgrade when Mellel 4.0 is available. I'm afraid that at the moment we don't have a way to offer "pre upgrade" for the app store customers.
5. If you have a "lifetime upgrades" license then you can consider yourself a very lucky person and you'll be able to continue laughing and sipping your martini on the beach at your exclusive vacation resort while working with considerable ease on your latest manuscripts with Mellel.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
kjmatthews

Post by kjmatthews »

Eyal Redler wrote: 5. If you have a "lifetime upgrades" license then you can consider yourself a very lucky person and you'll be able to continue laughing and sipping your martini on the beach at your exclusive vacation resort while working with considerable ease on your latest manuscripts with Mellel.
How can one tell if they have a "lifetime upgrades" license?

Kyle
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

See here.
Marsilius

Post by Marsilius »

Maybe someone can clarify. Does the publicity imply that it will be cheaper to buy a new copy of Mellel NOW than to just update to Mellel 4.0 when it comes from my current copy?
miles11

Post by miles11 »

Marsilius wrote:Maybe someone can clarify. Does the publicity imply that it will be cheaper to buy a new copy of Mellel NOW than to just update to Mellel 4.0 when it comes from my current copy?
If you already have a licenced copy of Mellel, then you just pay for an Update (an upgrade). So what they’re saying is, if you upgrade your present Mellel version right now, you’ll pay the lower upgrade price that is presently being charged.

IF you wait until version 4.0 is released to buy your upgrade, it will cost you more — because they are going to raise the price of Mellel when the new version comes out (new licences as well as upgrades). So, you’ll save money by buying your upgrade now, rather than waiting. Then, when version 4.0 is released, all you have to do is download the new version (because you will already have paid for your upgrade to v 4.0 in advance).

You will also receive two years of free upgrades beginning on the date you download the new version.

I hope I’ve written this clearly. Lol...
Marsilius

Post by Marsilius »

Thanks Miles11. Clear . . . . I will go try to update.
Marsilius

Post by Marsilius »

Actually not clear at all . . . .when I got to mellel store I need to BUY or UPGRADE?
(I am a longtime owner)
Thanks