Preserving auto-title format in template

For all things Mellel

Moderators: redlers, Eyal Redler, Ori Redler

Boban
Knows everything, can prove it

Preserving auto-title format in template

Post by Boban » Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 am

Dear Mellel Wisdom,

When I save a template (I name by style or publisher style) it seems to preserve everything except auto-title formats. For example: When I open up my OUP template all the character and paragraphs attributes are there, but when I go to add, say, a subheading from the auto-title menu I always get the Mellel defaults. How can I preserve the auto-title formats as well?

Many thanks!

B.

Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Re: Preserving auto-title format in template

Post by Eyal Redler » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:43 am

The entire auto title setup is saved as part of the template - normally if you setup your auto title formats and any other part of your auto title setup and then save the document as a template, documents you create using this template should have the formats and settings you made.
Are you sure that what you saved as a template did indeed include these auto title settings? Can you try and make, say, a noticeable change to one of the format (for example, colour the title red),save this as a template and then open a new document using that template, does the format get preserved?
With more details I may be able to help you more so feel free to elaborate
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Developer at Mellel AAR LTD
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex

Boban
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Preserving auto-title format in template

Post by Boban » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks. Funnily enough, I simply saved a new template and it worked perfectly. I must confess that my old template was from a few years ago, so perhaps their was some dissonance between versions. At any rate, it's all working beautifully now.

Best wishes,

B.