For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Help using tracking changes

Post by jannuss »

Friends,

I don't like tracking changes.
The documents I create tend more toward advertising copy than straight text: the layout of the page is often as important as the contents.
Correcting/updating the page via tracking changes makes it very difficult to understand how the change will affect the layout.
However
One of my colleagues insists on using tracking changes, so I need to develop a plan for working with him.

Here are my questions
1. How can I see the final page layout after he has inserted his changes?
2. Can I flip/flop between viewing his updates and viewing the final page?
3. When the job is complete, how do I erase all the annotation and just leave the final page?

Perhaps one of you with experience using tracking changes has a few suggestions how best to use them.

Janet
Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Help using tracking changes

Post by Bulow »

1) When you turn on 'changes' there are two little windows under the ruler. The one on the left permits you to choose how you want to see your document, final, original &c
2) just change the option in said window
3) you click again on 'changes' and you will be told that you must accept all changes before turning changes off. Then they disappear.

And, one detail: if you make a change that you do not want to appear, click on the double vertical bars at the top of the text-window. Turn it on again afterwards.
Hope this helps
Bülow