Export to word .doc format does not handle in-line images

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DylanMuir
Knows everything, can prove it

Export to word .doc format does not handle in-line images

Post by DylanMuir »

I have a long Mellel document with many in-line images (equations pasted from MathType). I need to convert this to Word format, to submit it for publication. Unfortunately, all in-line images in Mellel are converted to floating images in Word, and pushed to the far left of each line. Also, the equations no longer have the baseline correction set properly in Word, meaning they are often displaced upwards from where they should be in the line of text.

Mellel v3.5, 3.5.5, 4.0 all show the same behaviour. Word 2011 and 2015 (v15.33) both show the same behaviour.

Please advise how I should fix this issue.

DRM
Bulow

Re: Export to word .doc format does not handle in-line image

Post by Bulow »

Perhaps you should try the method that has recently been described (Toward a sneaky way of exporting ...) where you pass through pdf. It plays rough with your typefaces, but is reasonably good with images.
Bülow
laup

Re: Export to word .doc format does not handle in-line image

Post by laup »

In Mellel, change the image to be not just in-line but also wrapped. I think it will then export ok. At least it did so for me just now, experimenting with some Mathtype equations.

Alternatively, one can make adjustments in Word--selecitng the equation using Control and then using Wrap (nto a very intuitive way to get there).

Unfortunately, this is a one-at-a-time fix. I've asked Redlers to consider having the default image be in-line, wrap, and centered (with blank space to either side of the image).

Does this help? It may be that I am not reproducing your problem.
Paul