Thoughts about the forum’s new look

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

miles11
Knows everything, can prove it

Thoughts about the forum’s new look

Post by miles11 »

1) Is there any way to make the background darker. Are there any 'skins' we can apply? When I first opened the page, the background was blindingly white. Painful.
2) The text would be much easier to read if the font were a bit heavier, or, if the font was simply black (this would be my preference).
3) I used to come by the forum frequently to read any new posts, but the new look is really hard on these old eyes.
Timotheus

Re: Thoughts about the forum’s new look

Post by Timotheus »

My eyes too are not young anymore, and I must confess I had (and have) the same experience as miles11.
redlers
Site Admin

Post by redlers »

miles11 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:32 pm 1) Is there any way to make the background darker. Are there any 'skins' we can apply? When I first opened the page, the background was blindingly white. Painful.
2) The text would be much easier to read if the font were a bit heavier, or, if the font was simply black (this would be my preference).
3) I used to come by the forum frequently to read any new posts, but the new look is really hard on these old eyes.
I feel you (as someone who would also rather have things a bit darder). Would darker as with the Download button above do? I'm all for contrast!

Ori
miles11

Post by miles11 »

redlers wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 am I feel you (as someone who would also rather have things a bit darder). Would darker as with the Download button above do? I'm all for contrast!

Ori
No, not as dark as the download button. A background that dark would produce a gloomy appearance.

In my opinion, the background just has to be a little bit darker. Enough to get rid of the “bright white” look. The present white background feels as though one is looking into a spotlight, while trying to read. Lol...

So, just a slightly darker background, like the light gray background that appears behind the text of a post when you click on a post to read it. Or, even better, a light blue, like the color of the 1/2 inch band that appears behind one’s cursor as it is moved up and down the index page. That might be beautiful AND easy on the eyes.

Then, for most TEXT... black, or very deep blue fonts used for posts and on the Index page. These changes should provide enough contrast to make the entire site easier and more pleasant to read.

I don’t know if you were interested in such a detailed opinion, but there it is... (just in case). 8)