question about comments in imported doc or docx files

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Jeremy Harbinson
New to all this

question about comments in imported doc or docx files

Post by Jeremy Harbinson »

Hi,
First, apologies in advance if the answer to this question is in the manual - I had a look there, but could not find any advice relevant to my query.

Should I be able to see comments, or corrections logged by 'track changes', in text saved to Word doc or docx files when such files are opened by Mellel 4? I am using Word 2011 to create the doc and docx files.

all the best,
Jeremy Harbinson
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: question about comments in imported doc or docx files

Post by Icelander »

Hello Jeremy,

Comments and changes you make in Word 2011 with Track Changes on, are not shown if you save the document as .doc or .docx and open them in Mellel 4. However, if you save the file as Rich Text File, comments and track changes are shown in Mellel 4, but notice that formatting changes are NOT shown in this case in Mellel 4. Example: if you color a word red and assign it the attribute 'bold', it will just be displayed as red and bold, but there will be no indication of track changes in this particular case.
Jeremy Harbinson
New to all this

Re: question about comments in imported doc or docx files

Post by Jeremy Harbinson »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I did a couple of tests and it works exactly as you described. I hope I will be able to persuade my colleagues to send me RTF files!
all the best,
Jeremy