tag flows – captions (Mellel 4)

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

repschinski
New to all this

tag flows – captions (Mellel 4)

Post by repschinski »

I am using Mellel 4, and now I am just wondering whether the tag flows for images, tables and so on can be tied to the images or tables so that when I move the images around the corresponding auto-titles move along with them? The Help files were not really helpful in how these tag flows actually work; similarly, the videos were a bit short on information here. Any help is appreciated.

BR
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: tag flows – captions (Mellel 4)

Post by DavidH »

As far as I know there's no special command to bind captioning tags to the tables, figures, equations etc. they are intended to caption. Such elements need to remain separately selectable for reformatting purposes in any case, and Mellel lacks the general purpose group-ungroup commands one often finds in graphics and layout apps. My own impression, from years of using earlier versions, is that it's the user's responsibility to select both the captioned element and its caption before moving either one. I simply got into the habit of watching out for this.
repschinski
New to all this

Re: tag flows – captions (Mellel 4)

Post by repschinski »

In the meantime I was in touch with tech suport about this - they confirmed your explanation. Thanks, also for the workaround hint.